Today Ipswich Borough Council’s Planning Committee approved the application from Handford Homes – Ipswich Borough Council’s house-building company – to build on the Diesco site in Hawke Road. This will mean:
- 26 new council homes – 20 new houses and 6 flats, with gardens, solar panels and parking spaces
- A new play area in the middle of the site – with a fully equipped play park for younger children, and a games pitch for older children
- New landscaping, including 18 new trees
- An attractive new development designed by a well-respected Ipswich architect
- It will meet the Police’s ‘Design Out Crime’ silver level, having been designed to maximise safety.
- This new development gets rid of the old industrial site, providing much-needed new homes and a brand new play area for local children.